Wooden door.

I bleed on a paper,

While I wait for your arrival 

eyes stuck on the wooden door,

i didnt even dare to close

summer, monsoon, winter 

All of them greeted me at that door.

with heat that burned me,

raindrops that cooled me,

Winter that healed me.

the house which was filled with

colors and decorations,

is now empty, close to collapse on me.

The thieves greeted me at midnight,

eyeing me up and down

They thought I'm just a mannequin 

who doesn't know how to move or breathe.

They took all my things

Now it's just me on the chair 

holding the last letter you wrote me in my fingers 

Waiting for your arrival. 

I fear, if I move even an inch

you wont recognise me.

Aren't you making me wait a little too long?

It's been some years now

the roof of this house is starting to tear down.

Can you please hurry up?

My pale lips are waiting to call your name

When my red eyes see your frame 

My cold hands are waiting to embrace you 

When I see you walking towards me with a smile

I think im close to taking my last breath 

Maybe tomorrow or next week seems the date

You promised me you would come back one day

I know you never break your promise 

That's why I'll keep waiting for you,

to walk through this wooden door

which now has so many holes

My legs are bitten by some rats around 

They are hungry, maybe they liked my blood

which is running in my body to see you alive

Aren't you coming this year?

Or are you going to make me experience my 20th summer?

You know I don't like this heat, right?

I always prefer winter, but it's alright 

I'll wait for you in every season

But please hurry up

These black crows are very hungry 

They are eating my feet quickly 

I begged them to leave my arms and eyes alone

I told them im waiting for you to come

through the wooden door,

which is now completely broken.




Thank you for reading!

Please leave feedback.

Comments